A Tree-Hugger Forsakes his Volvo for a Big White Pickup Truck

I'm not a gambling man by nature




The realization hit me at 8:30am on Friday morning. My 15 year old Sheryl Wagner club chair was going to sit exposed and unattended in a Washington, DC parking lot for eight hours. I had to get it down to the beach to an upholsterer, so what else could I do? Take it into work with me? I seriously considered it. After all, sometimes people bring their screaming children into the office when they're having daycare issues. At least the chair would be quiet. But, I decided against it. That's just too eccentric even for me. Maybe if it had been an expensive antique...So I gambled. Took a chance, which isn't really part of my nature as a Libra man. I just parked it on the roof of Union Station and walked away, hoping it wouldn't rain and that nobody would go to the effort of stealing an old chair with worn out arms and pillows spewing feathers.

2 comments:

Boomer Bill said...

It was too ugly to steal, but I did find 45 cents under the cushion. Thanks for the tip.

rikkicat said...

You should have brought the chair in, Rich. You could have parked it right in the Pubs room.

Followers