A Tree-Hugger Forsakes his Volvo for a Big White Pickup Truck

I succomb to anthropomorphism

Men have been thinking of inanimate objects as having human-like characteristics since the beginning of time. The Greeks wrote about the Centaur with the lower body of a horse and the upper body of a man. The British named their seagoing vessels after their queens. American companies created products called Mr. Coffee, Aunt Jemimah, and Mr. Bubble.

I personally have never been a big practicioner of anthropomorphism. My cottage doesn't have a cute name. I've never named my car or my cock. But for some reason this big white truck is calling out for an identify. Just begging for one. And we all know there's only one name that fits.

Moby.

The perfect name for a big white truck.

The great white sperm whale Moby Dick was a wild and clever beast. Its whiteness was attractive, alluring, yet, at the same time, freakish and repulsive. Sort of how I feel about the truck. My college roommate Tom, a pale sturdy lad of Irish stock, was prone to anthropomorphism. He called his very big dick "Moby." I'm not kidding. And, judging from the thrashing and squealing I heard from the girls visiting him late at night, "Moby" lived up to his name.

Can the truck can live up to such a name?

1 comment:

Boomer Bill said...

This will not help with the major "self image" issues you have. I see you more in a Honda Civic with an AM radio.

Followers